Friday, May 22, 2009

Red Sox in Arkansas?

Red Sox players catching the train out of Hot Springs, AR.

Red Sox (1912) in Hot Springs, AR

I received a magazine the other day that was mass mailed to all the residents of Garland, Hot Spring, and Clark counties. It was actually targeting "new" residents explaining where everything was located (e.g. hospitals, DMV, schools, attractions, etc.) as well as giving a brief history of the area. Well, I thought I knew all there was to know about this area, but to my surprise the magazine listed various major league baseball teams that use to have their spring training camps in Hot Springs, so team members could bath in the hot mineral baths after a long day of practice. I bet my son-in-law wishes one certain team still did come to Hot Springs! The magazine stated that the Red Sox had their spring training camp in Hot Springs from 1912-1918 & 1920-1923.

No comments: