Friday, May 15, 2009

Missing Things


I came across some pictures of the Statue of Liberty and the NYC skyline that Tabitha and I took on our way back to Arkansas one year. Look carefully at the NYC skyline; do you notice what is missing from the picture? The world trade towers were already gone along with the thousands of lives of those who worked in them and those who tried to rescue them. I am sorry, but that event is tattooed in my mind and heart. Given the innocent men, women, and children that died that day at the hands of these sworn enemies of America makes me just a bit callous when it comes to the treatment of prisoners that were held at Guantanamo Bay. To be honest, for politicians to be worried about the "harsh" interrogation of detainees is symptomatic of what is wrong with this country. What about the treatment of the citizens of this country? What about our men and women still on the ground in these foreign countries? I know it is asking alot, but could the politicians try to "think" every once and a while? Is it too much to ask that our leaders consider what is best for the United States and act accordingly?

2 comments:

Tab said...

I second that...

Timbies family said...

I third that!