Friday, May 22, 2009

Berries

The blackberries will be ripe within the next week. I love blackberry cobbler. I have two vines I planted a couple of years ago, but this is the first year they are really producing lots of berries. The white netting material I use to cover up the plants to keep the birds out.



Now that the rain has stopped and the strawberry plants are drying out, the berries are looking (and tasting) really good. I still need to transplant them next year to containers that will not have issues with flooding like we had this year.

The hydrangea that Tabitha and Sean got me last year that I transplanted to a more shaded spot this last fall is looking good as well. Of course, the real test will come in July and August. Hopefully, the leaves will not burn like they did last year




No comments: