Friday, February 27, 2009

Science Fair

Two HSU students (Daniel and Luke) helped judge the science fair projects.
Sean presenting bad weather.

My presentation.

I have been so busy lately preparing for this weekend full of activities that I have neglected my blogging. To begin with Adam, Justine, and Brody arrived safely last night (Thank God), which coincided with the middle school science fair that I had volunteered myself and Sean to present at. I was in one room doing a presentation on "genetically modified crops (Frankenfoods)," while Sean was in the next room doing a presentation on "severe weather" with cool video clips of tornadoes. However, the competition was tough since we were up against the Game and Fish and Corp of Engineers with their snakes, raptors, and trailer-size aquarium full of fish. Mid-America museum was also presenting. It worked like a three-ring circus. We all did back-to-back presentations in different rooms at the same time. The kids and their parents could choose two presentations to attend-- it was their choice which two to attend.

The science fair projects were being judged during the presentations. I had brought two of my best college students to participate in the judging. They are great guys and did a really good job.

No comments: