Sunday, February 8, 2009

6th grade visit




On friday the middle school children I work with came to the university for a visit and tour. They began the day with a planetarium show, which is always a big hit. Next, I took them on a tour of my genetics lab. As usual the kids were excited and full of questions. After showing them everything in my lab, I took them up to our resident zoologist (Dr. T) so he could show them around his lab. I knew it would be a big hit given the number of live snakes, turtles, and salamanders as well as the thousands of stuffed and preserved specimens. Well, needless to say, time ran out before the questions did. And before I knew it they were back on the bus heading back home. I will see them again at the end of the month during their science fair.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Man, Uncle Troy, I wish I lived near you. I'd have you teach my kids science!!