Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Semester Begins!

Three days into the semester and I am already behind. How does this happen every semester? I am teaching genetics, biogeography, and intro to biology (non-majors). I know it doesn't sound like much but the genetics class comes with two 3-hour labs each week and that doesn't include setting up the labs for the 40 students I have in this class. Also, this is my first semester to teach biogeography, so I have to prepare my lessons from scratch and try to stay ahead of the students. Needless to say it can be stressful and there is little time for anything else. But then your doctor puts it like this. . . . .

I think I will take the one hour daily exercise! I am going to force myself to leave the office for at least one hour a day to do some exercising or just to get away for some meditation time. Debbie will be up at school on Tuesday and Thursday so (weather permitting) we can walk for an hour together. A little exercise wouldn't hurt her either.

No comments: