Thursday, January 1, 2009

Birdwatching

Savannah Sparrow (Passerculus sandwinchensis)

Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor)

Yellow Warbler (Dendroica petechia)

Carolina Chickadee (Poecile carolinensis)

American Goldfinch (Carduelis tristis)

I hope everyone has had a good New Year's Day. Although still angry over the Patriots missing the playoffs at 11-5, I decided to start the new year at home and enjoying one of my favorite activities, birdwatching. Here are a few on my backyard visitors. I was most excited to see the Yellow Warbler, which is on its way to Central and South America for the winter. The goldfinches can be a bit of a pain since they come in flocks and can empty my feeders in a single day. The tufted titmouse is the hardest to photograph because it will not sit still. I will post more pics as I get them.



No comments: