Sunday, August 3, 2008

T is for Talent

Yesterday I went with Tabitha to visit my mother in Texarkana. Mom has agreed to take Sean's Street Luge T-shirts and make a quilt for their spare bedroom. This I would never attempt myself. Not only would I be scared to death to try quilting, but with T-shirt material it would be a nightmare. My mother has more talent in her little finger than I will ever have my entire life. If it can be done she can do it. She made a quilt for her bed out of T-shirts she collected through her travels and vacations. When Tabitha saw it she thought it would be a good thing for Sean's T-shirts. Tabitha is wanting to learn how to quilt so we decided mom could tackle the T-shirt quilt and Tabitha would start with something easier so she is working on a baby quilt. I enjoyed the time we spent together and it even managed to get me a little motivated. Maybe I will pick up sewing again soon. We took some before pictures of the T-shirts layed out on the bed. Watch for the future "after" picture. Thanks mom for your help!




1 comment:

Amber said...

That is going to be a cool quilt!