Friday, August 8, 2008

Go Pats!!!

Because of the recent phenomenal success of the New England Patriots, a lot of folks tried to accuse me of just jumping on the bandwagon. Not true! Those who really know me will tell you I have been a life-long fan of the Patriots. I suffered many, many years with this team before they ever won a Superbowl. In addition, growing up in the South did not make it any easier to be a Pats fan. It was really lonely. I had to contend with Dallas Cowboy fans around every corner and my own brother, who is a die hard Miami fan.

So you can imagine my joy when the Pats won their first Superbowl the year we move to New England. I could not believe it. I got several calls from my friends in Arkansas congratulating me on the Pats victory. Well, needless to say I had to take off the day the Pats came to Concord, NH with the Superbowl XXXVI trophy so I could get a glimpse of it. Unfortunately, the Pats have not won a superbowl since I moved back to Arkansas in 2006, but this is a new year. Go Pats!!!

Crowd gathered on the statehouse lawn in Concord, NH

Bob Kraft, Gov. Jeanne Shaheen, and the Superbowl XXXVI trophy.


Richard Seymour (big guy) and the Superbowl trophy.

Antowain Smith and the Superbowl trophy

David Patten (little guy) and the Superbowl trophy.

No comments: