Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ready for Hiking with Brayden

Brayden loves the outdoors and he loves sticks. I took him outside last weekend and he loved exploring the backyard. I used my walking stick and he just had to hang onto it with me. So yesterday while on a field trip to the lower lake (see blog below) I just had to find some beaver wood to make him his own walking stick. I found some and picked out a nice straight piece (bit long, but he will grow into it). Beaver wood is really light, but strong and the beavers have already taken care of removing the bark. I brought it home to sand it even smoother and to clear-coated for protect against the weather. So now we are ready for some prime Spring hiking trips. I just can't wait to get Brayden out in the woods.


Papa and Brayden's walking sticks



No comments: