Saturday, October 4, 2008

Offering New Course

At the urging of my department chair, I am officially offering an eight-day, biogeography course of New England. I don't suspect I will have too many students sign up for the course (must have at least 10 for the class to make) because most go on the tropical biology course to Panama. However, I thought it was important that students experience the other end of the spectrum when it comes to marine and terrestrial environments. For example, the rocky shores with the crashing cold waves as opposed to the long stretches of level sandy white beaches with ripples instead of waves. Or the barren tundra of Mt. Washington vs. the lush jungles of Panama. Oh, well we will see how many sign up. Here is the poster and students have until March to give me their deposit.

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is really cool, Uncle Troy! I hope you get 10 students!!