Saturday, October 18, 2008

Falling Leaves Quilt

Thursday of this week I went to visit my mom. She is making me some dresses and I went down to try them on. Both her and my Aunt Nette are very talented. Either one of them could sew just about anything, not to mention their drawing and painting skills. My Aunt Nette has even been recently honored as one of the chosen few artists of Arkansas who will have their pieces displayed in the governor's offices this year. She has been honored by the governor and is planning to attend a reception given by Senator Pryor in November.

Mom recently finished a quilt she created by using the leaves from the trees in her yard as a pattern. She has called her quilt "falling leaves". The pictures really don't do the quilt justice, but at least you get the idea.


1 comment:

Amber said...

That is beautiful!