Thursday, March 26, 2009

Surprise!

While walking down a lakeside trail trying to get more pictures of waterfowl, I got a strong whiff of a foul odor; it smelled like a pig pen. I even commented to debbie, "do you smell that?" It really stunk so I knew something was different about this spot. Well, to our amazement I looked over into the water and here is what we saw. You can imagine our surprise and then our delayed reaction of fear having been walking along the bank where this guy may have been laying moments before. I guess he was around 4' but still, when you are not expecting to see an alligator, it can come as quite a shock.



2 comments:

Tab said...

Glad I wasn't there...I'd have been freakin out!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to take Brayden with me so he can see the alligators upclose and in the wild.

PawPaw