Thursday, February 25, 2010

Research Trip

Debbie and I along with two of my students went on a seaweed collection trip to the gulf coast last weekend. Besides finding my favorite seaweed and bringing it back for molecular analysis, you know I had to take some [many] bird pics while I was down there (be sure to check out my birding blog for other pics). The last place we checked for seaweed was in Cameron, LA, which meant we came back to Arkansas through Louisiana. I just loved the bayou country. While coming back we took many pics of water fowl and this Anhinga caught my eye. I was so excited to see it that I just took picture after picture of it. This Anhinga would throw its head forward and then backward; I thought it must be some bazaar mating display for sure. It was not until I got home and looked at the pictures that I realized why this bird was acting so strangely.
















No comments: