Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Getting Ready for Tabitha's baby shower

DeRoche Church wanted to give Sean and Tabitha a baby shower and ask if we could have it at our house. It was my job to decorate which made me happy because it meant I didn't have to cook or worry with food in any way. I had a ball getting ready for the party. Stressed me out to the max, but it was still fun. I started with Brayden's name over the fire place. The nursery is done in jungle animals so I added a jungle animal theme to the letters. The pictures on the end in the lion frames are actual 3-D ultrasound pictures.

Next I carried the jungle theme a little further and created a small jungle display on the top of our wood box.

Then I added a clothes line with baby clothes on it instead of traditional streamers. Most of the clothes are hand-me downs. However I couldn't resist hanging some of the new ones they received at their shower in Rhode Island, how could I leave out the Patriots and Red Sox?.
Some of the outfits were ones I saved from when Adam and Alex were little which is probably noticable. The two on the end were theirs. Tabitha calls them "retro". I still thought they're cute.

I finished up with a diaper cake for the centerpiece on the kitchen table.

No comments: